LICENCE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|"Software" or "the Software"
|The ESOV Software, a property of the European Space Agency.
|"EOP System Support Division"
|The only entity within the European Space Agency entitled to licence the Software usage.
|"User" or "the User"
|Any individual or entity within and outside the European Space Agency which use the Software.
|"Registration" or "User Registration"
|The submission made by the User to the EOP System Support Division of this form, including correct provision of the requested User information and signed agreement on this terms and conditions.
The Software is provided under the following terms and conditions:
- The Software is and shall remain the property of the European Space Agency (ESA).
- The European Space Agency, namely the EOP System Support Division, upon User Registration licences, free of charge, the use of the Software solely to support European Space Agency's Activities; use of the Software for any other purpose is neither authorised nor licenced unless authorised in writing by the European Space Agency, namely by the EOP System Support Division.
- The User is not authorised to disclose or copy to third parties the Software or any part thereof without the prior written consent of the European Space Agency, namely the EOP System Support Division.
- The User shall not adapt or modify the Software in any way without obtaining the European Space Agency's prior approval in writing. In this circumstance the European Space Agency (namely the EOP System Support Division) shall be entitled to receive, use and transfer to third parties any such modification free of charge.
- The User shall not use the Software for any purpose including (but not limited to): reverse engineering, de-compilation, disassembling, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Software.
- The Software is not provided in the form of source code. Any usage of the Software source code is strictly prohibited and not licenced without prior written authorization from the European Space Agency (namely the EOP System Support Division). The User agrees that, should he/she get in possession of the Software source code or part of it, he shall not use it for any purposes, he shall immediately delete the source code files and he shall immediately inform the European Space Agency (namely the EOP System Support Division).
- The User is not licenced to use the Software without prior registration with the European Space Agency (namely the EOP System Support Division) even when the development activity is performed by the same industrial Contractor in charge of the Software development. Should the User's Application include any derivation or modification of the Software, its use is NOT licenced and its maintenance, schedule and cost falls entirely with the User and not with the EOP System Support Division.
- The European Space Agency shall not be held liable for the consequences of any use of the software.
- The User shall indemnify the European Space Agency from and against all claims, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses arising from any infringement of third party rights resulting from the wrongful disclosure of the software contrary to the above terms.